Did Cheap Trick tour with REO Speedwagon in '83/'84?
Doug
2003-08-10 17:58:47 UTC
My brother and I (we were both pretty young) swear that we saw Cheap
Trick open for REO Speedwagon on the "Wheels Are Turnin'" tour in 1983
or 1984. It was at Hershey Stadium in Pennsylvania.

Can anybody help me out with an answer?

Thanks,
Doug
Mark Mathu
2003-08-10 18:13:09 UTC
Doug wrote...
Post by Doug
My brother and I (we were both pretty young) swear that we saw Cheap
Trick open for REO Speedwagon on the "Wheels Are Turnin'" tour in 1983
or 1984. It was at Hershey Stadium in Pennsylvania.
Here in Milwaukee, Cheap Trick opened for REO Speedwagon in July 1985. That
was the tour where CT had Steve Walsh (formerly of Kansas) on stage playing
keyboards.
--
Mark
"I started out with nothing and I still have most of it."
Smak186..
2003-08-11 00:36:58 UTC
Post by Mark Mathu
Doug wrote...
Post by Doug
My brother and I (we were both pretty young) swear that we saw Cheap
Trick open for REO Speedwagon on the "Wheels Are Turnin'" tour in 1983
or 1984. It was at Hershey Stadium in Pennsylvania.
Here in Milwaukee, Cheap Trick opened for REO Speedwagon in July 1985. That
was the tour where CT had Steve Walsh (formerly of Kansas) on stage playing
keyboards.
I swear it was in the summer of 86 when I saw Trick open for REO at Pine
Knob, but you guys are probably right.. Those years are a blur to me
now. I remember Steve Walsh dancing like a total dork on the side of the
stage. I left for home as Gary Richrath was playing Flying Turkey Trot.

Outt..
Jeff.
SweetHP
2003-08-18 01:11:58 UTC
Post by Doug
My brother and I (we were both pretty young) swear that we saw Cheap
Trick open for REO Speedwagon on the "Wheels Are Turnin'" tour in 1983
or 1984. It was at Hershey Stadium in Pennsylvania.
Can anybody help me out with an answer?
I saw them open for REO June 29, 1985. Had a blast backstage talking to RZ
while REO was on!

Lynn :-)
Jeff Lundberg
2003-09-19 02:39:24 UTC
Yep - saw them in 1985 opening up for REO in Honolulu. Aerosmith was
added to that show as well. Rick joined Aerosmith and played Train Kept
a Rollin' wearing a black skeleton jumpsuit.

Saw them again in 1993 (?) in Maryland. REO, Cheap Trick, and .38
Special were touring together.

-Lunny
Doug
Mark Mathu
2003-09-19 06:10:30 UTC
A jumpsuit?
brian
2003-09-19 12:23:50 UTC
Post by Mark Mathu
Post by Jeff Lundberg
Rick joined Aerosmith and played Train Kept
a Rollin' wearing a black skeleton jumpsuit.
A jumpsuit?
A Persian Night Suit!

Brian